Social Ideathon 2021 is a program that seeks to engage and support youth who have ideas to tackle some of the most pressing development challenges facing the Asia and Oceania region today. We want to turn your ideas for social change into action. We are focusing on the following five SDGs:
- Quality education (SD4)
- Health (SD3)
- Gender equality (SD5)
- Climate action (SDG13)
- Decent work/economic growth (SDG8)
If you have an idea to tackle any of these sustainable development goals in Asia or Oceania in general, or in your country or community in particular,
JOIN US. This is an accelerated program over the course of two months where you will receive leadership and project design training, group mentoring and skill based workshops that are specific to your project idea. At the end of the program you will be invited to pitch your project idea to access funding. The top twenty ideas will be awarded a mini grant of $250 USD and the opportunity to accelerate their project to scale.
Still interested? Below are the eligibility criteria:
- Must be between 13-25 years of age at the time of application.
- Must be a resident of Asia/Oceania countries.
- Committed to work on their project idea through participation in a 10 hour Ideathon event on June 27, 2021, group mentorship calls and skill training workshops.
- Ability to demonstrate team work and perseverance to take their initiative forward.
At the end, we will be announcing:
- The top twenty ideas will receive a mini grant of $250 USD and the opportunity to request an additional $100 USD for professional development related to your project.
- Ten 'Honorable Mentions' award, certificate and mentorship.
- Remaining project ideas will also receive grants, certificates and mentorship but these projects will have to go through the budget evaluation process. This means that the final result will not be guaranteed.
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED!!!